Mushrooms have long been valued for their taste. Pickling mushrooms is one way to ensure that you’ll always have this delicious item to perk up your meals. Pickling is the process of preserving food y using salt or vinegar solution. Mushrooms can be preserved just like other vegetables. This is how it is done.
1 kilo fresh mushrooms
3 cups vinegar
2 cups sugar
1/3 cup salt and red pepper
20 grams onion and carrots
2 grams ginger
- Blanch mushrooms in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain in tray.
- Heat vinegar in casserole. Don’t stir.
- Add all ingredients and oil. This will be your pickling solution.
- Pak the blanched mushrooms in small bottles and press down to remove the air.
- Slowly pour the pickling solution to cover the mushrooms.
- Cap the bottles loosely and steam for one hour.
- Seal the cam with the candle serving.
Photo courtesy: topnews