You’ll need a saucepan, paraffin wax, string, molders, crayons, a sharpener, and some sticks.
- Use the sharpener to gather crayon shards of your favorite color. Make sure you collect plenty. You can use a cutter for this as well, but be careful not to cut yourself.
- Put the paraffin wax in the saucepan and heat over a flame. Once it is consistent enough to stir, add in the crayon shards.
- Take a piece of string about three inches longer than your molder. The one end of it to the center of a stick and place the rest of it inside the molder. The stick should be longer than the molder’s opening so it will hold the string up.
- Once the paraffin wax and crayons have blended together, pour the mixture into the molder. Let stand, or refrigerate for quicker results.
- When the wax has hardened, clip the string, leaving about half an inch. This will be the wick of your candle.
- Take the molder and heat over a flame to melt the wax just enough for the candle to come loose.
- Repeat step 1 to 6, using other colors this time. -Bato Balani
Photo courtesy: demandstudios