Recycling is turning out to be not just the norm, but a remarkable way of expressing creativity as well. If your household happens to consume lots of canned goods, here’s one way of maximizing the use of tin can.
What you need:
♦ Recyclable tin
♦ Can wide metallic ribbon
♦ Hot glue gun and glue
♦ Nuts (as in nuts and bolts) bailing wire
♦ Wire cutters
♦ Long pencil
♦ Metallic embroidered medallion or similar item as centerpiece
♦ Wood block to hammer onto Finishing paint spray
What you’ll do:
- Take the label off the tin can, then wash thoroughly the interior and exterior portions.
- Using a hammer and a nail, punch two holes through the can from the inside. These will be used for the container handle.
- To make the handle, cut the bailing wire using wire cutters. Coil the wire around a pencil to make the handle attractive and “handy”.
- Place the handle properly. Cut any extra wire using the wire cutters.
- Glue the wide metallic ribbon around the tin can.
- Glue the centerpiece.
- Use three nuts as “legs” of the holder.
- Spray the holder with the color of your choice.
Source: Clever Containers. www.diynetwork.com/diy/cr_organizing_storage/ article/0.2025.DIY_13769_2829050,00.html
Photo courtesy: creativemomcafe