NO, gelatin is not for kids only. If munching one JellyaceTM after another is already a delight, your gelatin experience can be further heightened by this colorful and delicious dessert.
What you will need:
Small box of gelatin package (cherry, lime, lemon, and orange)
4 cups boiling water
1 ½ cups cold water
¼ cup sugar
½ cup cold fresh calamansi juice (or pineapple juice)
¼ cup refined sugar
1 ¾ cups whipping cream
8-inch square pans
What you have to do:
- Dissolve the cherry gelatin in one cup of boiling water.
- Add one-half cup of cold waer to the cherry gelatin.
- Pour the gelatin into an 8-inch square pan and chill overnight.
- Do the same steps (1 to 3) for the lime and orange flavors.
The Day of Serving
- Dissolve the lemon gelatin and sugar in one cup boiling water.
- Add the fresh calamansi juice
- Chill until slightly thickened.
- While waiting for the lemon gelatin to thicken, cut the cherry-, lime-, and orange-flavored gelatins into half-inch cubes.
- Blend one cup cream with the lemon gelatin in a tube pan.
- Fold in (lay one pat over another) the gelatin cubes into the tube pan.
- Chill the mixture for four to six hours, until firm.
- Remove from mold and serve with extra-whipped topping.
Jello Recipes. http://www.nikibone.com/recipe/jelly/brokengalss.html
Broken Glass Cake. http://www.recipegoldmine.com.cakebundt/cakebundt19.html
Photo courtesy: brightestblue