You will need:
● fresh eggs (save the carton)
● small bowl
● sharp knife
● 1 block paraffin wax (available in grocery and specially stores)
● glass measuring cup (microwave-safe)
● 4 to 8 birthday candles
What you will need to do:
- With a pin, make a small hole on the top of each egg.
- Carefully enlarge the holes, and pour out the yolks. Save the raw eggs for cooking
- Wash the eggshells, let dry, and place them in the egg carton.
- Cit the paraffin block into 1-inch cubes. Use a cutting board, and be careful while handling a sharp knife.
- In measuring cup, place all paraffin cubes and microwave for 2 to 6 minutes. Make sure all the paraffin is melted.
- Make crayon shavings. The shavings should be added a little at a time to the melted paraffin, until the desired hue is reached.
- Fill each eggshell with melted paraffin. Before the paraffin hardens, cut birthday candles to fit the depth of the shells.
- Insert the candles into the cooling paraffin.
► Twinkling Eggshell Votives. http://www.cookingvillage.com/cv/food/art/ 700,sLang%3Dus&iObj%3D633&iCatObj%3D7443,00.html
► Eggshell votives. http://www.marthastewart.com/portal/site/mslo/menuitem.0e0eb51a2e6b5ad593598e10d373a0a0/?vgextoid=468b2e912b11f010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&lastnadchannel=745769a254cee010VgnVCM1000003d370a0aRCRD&rsc=taxonomylist